Stories and Anecdotes:
Story Deadline: March 30, 2021
Please share your stories of game-making in the African Diaspora here. Perhaps they were life-changing, perhaps they were funny, perhaps they capture the spirit of African diaspora games, Tell If your story is funny, remarkable, memorable or distinct - share it with us.
- Stories are limited to 1000 words. They can include anecdotes, thanks, inspiration or other content that relates directly to your personal experience in relation to race and games. Stories must be factual accounts, personal testimony or reports of first-hand experience.
- Stories may be submitted in your native language, but must include an English translation.
- You may provide up to 2 pictures related to the story - although images are not required.
- Stories may be first-person experiences similar to the collections here, essay form like these or simple anecdotes.
Proposal Deadline: March 15, 2021
Final Chapter Deadline: May 1, 2021
Research related to African Diaspora games can be submitted here. While the book has a set of core authors and articles, researchers are encouraged to submit work proposals or complete academic research to be considered for inclusion in the book. Proposals will be reviewed on a rolling basis with decisions generally provided within 1-2 weeks. Research within game studies and game design broadly are particularly encouraged, although other disciplines related to games of the African diaspora are invited.
General Guidelines are as follows
- Subject to single blind peer review
- Reference format: Chicago Style
- Maximum 10,000 words, excluding references
- Figures, including and images, should be supplied separately from the manuscript
Other questions can be directed to the editor, Lindsay Grace, via email.Publication aggreement...